Join our Regional Operations Headquarter office in Dubai , United Arab Emirates for a hands-on shipping experience with the world’s leading ocean transportation carrier!
Be responsible for running Maersk’s activities from when the container is gated in at the terminal through loading onto the vessel before eventually arranging for discharge as per customer’s booked transport plan.
You will experience true international reach and exposure from working across the West Central Asia region with different nationalities, vendors and regulatory requirements.
Drive cost leadership and be the operational entry point for our commercial organisation to quickly resolve cargo incidents and accommodate specific customer requests.
Deliver on collective and individual performance targets while driving improvement initiatives together with your team
You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our organization, offering you a unique chance to make a difference by leading the container shipping industry in the direction of reliable service delivery to our customers around the world.
The role will enable you to improve on critical skills such as execution/delivery management, process improvement, stakeholder management, multi-cultural communication, and vendor management. In addition, you will be gaining in-sights into Maersk’s processes from an operational and commercial perspective, and you will experience a career in the undisputed leader of the industry
- Handle all cargo documentation activities from when container is gated in at the terminal, loaded onto a vessel, and discharged at destination in close coordination with the different operational and commercial teams in Maersk.
- Act as Maersk’s representative in the West Central Asia area towards our port vendors being their entry point for all container related incidents on a 24/7 shift-rotating basis including acting as onsite crisis manager in the event of incidents for Maersk Line, Safmarine and Hamburg Sud cargo.
- Act as the entry point towards container terminal vendors designated to you for all Maersk Line and Safmarine laden container related issues. You will work closely with our vendors to deliver win-win solutions.
- Work in collaboration with Customer Service teams in Maersk Line and Safmarine, ensure all containers are loaded ready incl. compliant to VGM standards and other local requirements.
- Owner for managing all cargo transhipment connections for vessels that are part of the Maersk Line network, both on a structural and daily execution level, to ensure we have reliable products that can be sold to our Customers.
- Work together with our Dangerous Cargo Specialist based in the operations centre, ensure compliance to local rules for transhipment and import/export cargo are strictly complied too.
- Create and maintain operational deadlines to streamline coordination from our Customer Service team through to our Vessel Stowage team.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders such as vessel stowage and our dangerous cargo team to continuously drive down cost, improve the experience delivered to our customers, and optimize our processes for future success.
- Seek and recommend opportunistic improvements to the Cargo Execution department and how we work with other teams.
- Regular visits to terminal vendors to discuss all operational indicators, hear their feedback on how we are working and where they feel we could do better.
We are looking for
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant degree from a reputable education facility.
- General experience in the shipping or terminal industry will be valued, and any operations experience will be a significant advantage.
- Fresh Graduates who have relevant industrial attachment experience are welcomed to apply as well.
- You should be a diligent, self-disciplined and upright individual, accepting personal ownership for your results. You will have to be innovative and driven to provide solutions and ideas that will improve our service level.
- You should be a good communicator who is able to interact and convey ideas when working with cross-cultural teams and multiple stakeholders. You will need effective time-management skills to work under tight deadlines.
- You will need to be flexible in making decisions and prioritizing tasks, and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills will be a great advantage.
- You should be enthusiastic, energetic and confident, and be an effective team player.
- If you have a specific set of skills, e.g. from an IT background, we are interested to hear how you can apply it to the Cargo Execution department during an interview.