du, from Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (EITC), has today announced a transformative partnership with industry giants Belkin International and Uponor to bring the world-renowned and award-winning Phyn Plus Smart Water Assistant + Shutoff to the UAE.
Formalising the agreement during a signing ceremony on the sidelines of GITEX Technology Week 2019, du is showcasing the Phyn Plus Smart Water Assistant + Shutoff at the event to enable visitors a glimpse into the future of technology-driven residential water preservation solutions.
“Under the steady guidance of the UAE leadership, the country is rapidly evolving into a smart and intelligent era of connected everything. AI, IoT, and machine learning are a big part of this digital equation, which is why we are proud to introduce innovative solutions to market that will empower citizens and residents to play an active role in digital water management for the betterment of the UAE’s vital water supplies. As a catalyst for technological change, du is delivering this scalable solution to address the need for next generation solutions that will enable the leadership’s visions for water security. Water is the elixir for life, which is why we are at the forefront of driving this vision and spearheading world-class innovation to ensure the sustainability of one of the UAE’s most precious resources.” said Anthony Shiner, Chief Digital Lifestyle & Innovation Officer, EITC.
The key features of the Phyn Plus Smart Water Assistant + Shutoff are as follows –
- Automatic and Remote Water Shutoff: After Phyn learns about a home’s water use, it can automatically turn off the water in the event of a catastrophic leak to mitigate damage and loss. Homeowners can also turn off their water via the Phyn app, from anywhere.
- Leak monitoring: Phyn constantly monitors a home for leaks and potentially harmful changes in pressure. As soon as an issue is detected, Phyn sends a mobile notification.
- Water Use Monitoring: Homeowners can track their water use and see how their consumption compares to others. Phyn provides water usage for each fixture type (showers, sinks, toilets, etc) in the Phyn app.
- Plumbing Checks: Phyn automatically runs daily diagnostic checks to find tiny leaks and other small issues before they become bigger problems.
- Smart Home Integrations: Phyn works seamlessly with leading home virtual assistants. And with IFTTT users can have Phyn trigger actions with other smart home devices.
du is offering the Phyn Plus Smart Water Assistant + Shutoff, and other innovations at the Zabeel Hall 2, C20 Stand.