Dubai’s Shindagha Tunnel, which was temporarily closed in the direction from Deira to Bur Dubai, will now re-open on Sunday, March 13.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) announced the move following the completion of construction work linking the tunnel with the Infinity Bridge and other new flyovers.
The reopening of the tunnel will enhance the road capacity along the Shindagha Corridor by 3,000 vehicles per hour, taking the total capacity to 15,000 vehicles per hour.
The RTA has called on motorists to observe the speed limit and follow the directional signs to their destinations as follows:
- Motorists heading to the Falcon Junction have to move rightwards at the 2-lane exit of the bridge (BR2).
- The traffic movement in the direction of Jumeirah has to head leftwards at the single-lane exit of the bridge (BR1) and cross the Falcon Junction through the 3-lane northern bridge in the direction of Jumeirah.
- The traffic inbound from the roundabout over Shindagha Tunnel can move to Deira by taking the free rightward lane heading to the Infinity Bridge or head directly to Bur Dubai and Jumeirah through the bridge (BR2) in the direction of the Falcon Junction.
- The traffic inbound from Al Mamzar, Al Khaleej Street and Omar bin Al Khattab Street can head to Bur Dubai and Jumeirah through the Infinity Bridge or Shindagha Tunnel by following the directional signs from the Deira side.
- The traffic inbound from Palm Deira Metro Station and Corniche Street can head to the entry of Infinity Bridge through the upper deck of Corniche Street.