As DXB’s northern runway refurbishment project kicks off on Monday, Dubai Airports has reassured travellers that they are working closely with all stakeholders to ensure a smooth experience.
The essential works being carried out will see the world’s busiest international airport reduced to a one runway operation, until June 22.
To minimise disruption to travellers, more than 1,000 flights per week are scheduled to arrive and depart from Dubai World Central (DWC) during the 45-day period, with the majority of those flights being operated by flydubai, Spice Jet and Indigo.
Passengers are advised to double check their departure airport and terminal in advance, while they can also access complimentary bus service between all DXB terminals and DWC, in addition to free parking at DWC.
Dubai Airports said those travelling during this short transition period can make their journey smooth and comfortable by following a few simple tips:
- Check departure airport and terminal before travelling by contacting the chosen airline or by visiting online
- Use the complimentary bus service between all terminals at DXB and DWC
- Take advantage of special rates with Uber using code DWC2022 on the Uber App
- Passengers travelling from DWC can enjoy complimentary parking at the airport
- Enjoy DWC’s facilities including restaurants, duty free shopping and lounges to relax before your flight
Over the next 45-days, essential work is being carried out on our Northern Runway here at DXB. Some flights will arrive and depart from Dubai World Central (DWC). Check which airport your flight departs from with your airline before travel. pic.twitter.com/RzOVCxPUmT
— DXB (@DXB) May 9, 2022