Fri 16-09-2022 08:47 AM
ROME, 16th September, 2022 (WAM) — Six people died in central Italy amid bad weather, the civil protection said on Thursday night.
News agency ANSA cited the civil protection as saying that the six victims died in three towns in Ancona province in the central region of Marche, adding that a further three people were missing.
Marche President Francesco Acquaroli said on Facebook that he was following the development of the very serious meteorological crisis that hit our region and the rescue operations. These are moments of extreme apprehension.
Earlier on Thursday, the civil protection put out an alert warning for residents to seek higher ground amid flash flooding.
The Ancona provincial government said that the flooding was a consequence of consistent and prolonged rains in the afternoon.
WAM/Rola Alghoul/Esraa Ismail