Timings for paid parking, toll gates and public transport services will be altered in Abu Dhabi for the holy month of Ramadan.
Making the announcement, the Integrated Transport Centre (ITC) of the Department of Municipalities and Transport in Abu Dhabi said MAWAQiF parking fees will be applied from Saturday to Thursday, from 8:00 am to midnight, and will be free of charge on Fridays and public holidays.
The Darb toll gate will operate from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, and from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm from Saturday to Thursday.
During Ramadan, Abu Dhabi City bus services will operate from 5:00 am to 1:00 am (the next day) and Abu Dhabi Suburb bus services will operate from 5:00 am to midnight throughout the week. Services on routes 22, 54, 65, 67, 101, 110, A1 and A2 will operate 24|7.
In Al Ain city and suburban areas, the public bus service will be from 6:00 am to midnight. The frequency of most regional bus services in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain will remain the same. The public bus service at Al Dhafrah will not operate during Iftar time.
Abu Dhabi Express services will operate from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm during weekdays and from 6:00 am to 1:00 am (the next day) during weekends.
On-demand bus service will be from 06:00 am to 11:00 pm on all weekdays.
The public can continue to apply for ITC’s services online, Darbi and Darb websites and apps. They can also dial 800850 or 600535353 for more information.
More from Local News
- UAE announces first day of Ramadan
The first day of the Holy Month of Ramadan will be Saturday, April 2.
- 288 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 288 new cases of COVID-19 from 295,915 tests in the past 24 hours.
- Dubai revises paid parking timings for Ramadan
Paid parking timings in Dubai will change during the holy month of Ramadan.
- UAE Moonsighting Committee to meet today
The UAE moon-sighting committee will meet on Friday, April 1 (29th Sha’ban) to indicate the start of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
- UAE fuel prices rise for month of April
Fuel prices in the UAE are set to rise again for the month of April.
- Food inspection campaigns in Dubai throughout Ramadan
Dubai Municipality have announced they will be carrying out inspections across food outlets in the emirate during the holy month.
- 200 sea turtles rescued so far this year
The Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi has been supported by their Wildlife Rescue Programme partner and the largest aquarium in the Middle East, The National Aquarium of Abu Dhabi (TNA).
- Heavy vehicles timing change for Ramadan in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Police have announced a change to timings of trucks and buses during the holy month of Ramadan to allow for shifts in peak hour traffic.
- Dubai Police reunite mother and son after 15 years
The General Department of Airport Security say the son was transiting through Dubai International Airport on his way to India.
- Dubai bids spectacular farewell to ‘world’s greatest show’
Pop star Christina Aguilera, singer Norah Jones and celebrated cellist Yo-Yo Ma took to the stage at the iconic Al Wasl Dome for the spectacular Expo 2020 Dubai closing ceremony on Thursday.
- E-scooter riders can’t take to Dubai roads without licence
You will need a licence to ride electric scooters and bikes in Dubai.
- Abu Dhabi issues COVID safety protocols for Ramadan tents
Only licenced entities are allowed to host Ramadan tents in the UAE capital.
- 313 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 313 new cases of COVID-19 from 323,104 tests in the past 24 hours.
- Expo 2020 Dubai hands over to Osaka for Expo 2025
On the penultimate day of Expo 2020 Dubai, organisers and participants have joined to pay tribute to the Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) on the occasion of BIE Day.
- Expo 2020 Dubai expects 400,000 visitors on final day
Expo 2020 Dubai organisers are expecting 400,000 visitors to flood through the gates on the final day.
- Dubai Cares and AIDITALY improve sanitation in developing countries
Dubai Cares is partnering with Italian healthcare provider Roncucci & Partners to improve sanitation in developing countries with the AIDITALY platform.
- H.H. Sheikh Saif recognised for Expo contributions
The UAE’s deputy prime minister and Minister of Interior, His Highness Lieutenant-General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been recognised for his contribution to the success of Expo 2020 Dubai.
- UAE eases COVID guidelines for worshippers during Ramadan
Prayer timings in UAE mosques will return to normal, as authorities ease COVID protocols ahead of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
- Video: Man airlifted to hospital from ship off Dubai coast
A 26-year-old man has been airlifted to Rashid Hospital following a medical emergency on board a ship near the Dubai coast.
- 288 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 288 new cases of COVID-19 from 308,848 tests in the past 24 hours.