Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, has taken part in the 152nd Ministerial Council meeting for the 42nd session of the Supreme Council of the GCC.
The meeting in Riyadh reviewed joint Gulf action and developments at regional and international levels, as well as efforts made by working committees.
In a statement, the Council offered sincere condolences to the UAE on the passing of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, praising his role in strengthening the GCC, and congratulated His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on his election as UAE President.
The meeting was chaired by Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia, Chairman of the current session of the Ministerial Council.
Khalifa Shaheen Al Marar, Minister of State, and Sheikh Nahyan bin Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, UAE Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, attended the meeting alongside Sheikh Abdullah.
More from Local News
- Meet the UAE resident heading to space
Hamish Harding, a long-term Dubai resident will continue his mission to explore the most undiscovered places when he catches a flight to space this weekend.
- Four new cases of Monkeypox in UAE
The UAE has confirmed four new cases of Monkeypox.
- UAE to lead UN Space Committee
The UAE has been chosen to head the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space.
- Is the fuel price hike igniting the UAE EV market?
The cost of a litre of petrol has broken the four dirham barrier with the price of Super 98 reaching AED 4.15 for June, a jump of around 13.5 per cent from May’s price of AED 3.66.
- 442 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 442 new cases of COVID-19 from 231,962 tests in the past 24 hours.
- UAE petrol prices jump in June
Motorists will fork out over 13% more to fill up at the petrol pumps following the latest announcement from the UAE fuel price committee.
- Abu Dhabi shoppers to be rewarded for ditching single-use plastic
With the ban on single-use plastic bags in Abu Dhabi coming into force on June 1, retailers in the emirate are gearing up to implement the regulation.
- Watch: Sailor airlifted to Dubai hospital after suffering heart attack
A sailor who suffered a heart attack while working on a commercial ship has been airlifted to safety in a critical rescue operation by Dubai Police.
- Dubai launches unified platform for building permits
Dubai has made it a lot easier for contracting companies and consultancies to obtain building permits.
- Abu Dhabi trains inspectors to enforce single-use plastic ban
Inspectors from various government bodies have undergone special training to enforce the single-use plastic ban, which will come into play in the UAE capital on Wednesday.
- 381 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 381 new cases of COVID-19 from 205,134 tests in the past 24 hours.
- UAE’s Sheikha Mozah sets new milestone in civil aviation
The UAE’s Sheikha Mozah bint Marwan Al Maktoum has set a new milestone in civil aviation.
- UAE inaugurates largest hospital in Yemen’s Shabwa
A UAE delegation has opened the first phase of the largest hospital in Yemen’s Shabwa Governorate.
- Monkeypox: UAE’s quarantine, isolation protocols
All health authorities in the UAE are committed to a unified medical guide for dealing with cases of Monkeypox and their contacts.
- UAE condemns storming of Al Aqsa Mosque courtyard
The UAE has strongly condemned the storming of Al Aqsa Mosque courtyard by extremist settlers under the protection of Israeli forces.
- 383 new COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths in UAE
The UAE has confirmed 383 new cases of COVID-19 from 151,541 tests in the past 24 hours.
- Sharjah seizes 168 e-bicycles in safety campaign
As many as 168 electric bicycles were seized in Sharjah between January and April this year, as authorities focus on biker safety.
- Three new cases of Monkeypox announced in UAE
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHaP) has announced three new cases of Monkeypox in the UAE.
- H.H. Sheikh Hamdan opens newly improved Dubai-Al Ain Road
His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has officially opened the newly improved Dubai-Al Ain Road that will benefit 1.5 million living or working in the area.
- Dubai Police reunite father and son after 10 months
Officers at the Dubai Police went beyond their call of duty to reunite a father and son after they were kept apart for 10 months due to a marriage dispute.