Dubai: If you are a visitor to Abu Dhabi and want to visit the tourist attractions and shopping malls in the UAE, you must download and register for the UAE’s official COVID-19 app, Al Hosn, before your trip.
On Monday, August 22, the Al Hosn app announced a new update to the app, allowing tourists to register and log into the app using their passport number before arriving in the UAE.
Earlier, tourists had the option to register using the Uniform ID (UID) number provided on the tourist visa.
How do tourists register on the Al Hosn app?
According to Al Hosn, tourists arriving in the UAE without a UID number can pre-register on the Al Hosn app before arriving in the UAE by following these steps:
- Download the “Al Hosn” app for Apple and Android devices.
- Click the “Guests” icon.
- Select the “Pre-register” option.
- Fill in your details (make sure you provide the same mobile number that you will submit to the immigration at the airport when you arrive in the UAE.)
- Review your information and click Continue.
- Enter the six-digit OTP (One Time Password) sent to your mobile device for verification.
- Verify your profile upon arrival in the UAE. To verify your Al Hosn profile, you will need to undergo a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test upon arrival in the UAE.
Why do tourists need to download the Al Hosn app?
Al Hosn is the official COVID-19 app for the UAE. It gives you access to test results and notifies you if you have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19.
If you are visiting Abu Dhabi as a tourist or resident, you must hold an Al Hosn Green Pass to gain access to the emirate’s social events, tourist attractions and cultural venues.
Which public places require an Al Hosn Green Pass?
According to visitabudhabi.ae, a “green pass” will allow you to enter most public places:
• shopping mall
• Restaurants and cafes
• Other retail stores, including those not in shopping centers
• Recreational facilities
• cultural Center
• the University
• graduate School
• theme park
How do tourists get a green pass on the Al Hosn app?
The validity of the Al Hosn Green Card depends on the individual’s vaccination status. Depending on your COVID-19 vaccination status, your Green Pass will be valid for a period of time.
If you are a visitor to Abu Dhabi, you should meet the following requirements in order to obtain a “Green Pass”.
fully inoculated: Vaccinated travelers must receive a negative PCR test result every 14 days to remain “green”.
Visitors exempt from the COVID-19 vaccine: Visitors with official vaccine exemptions must receive a negative PCR test result every 7 days to maintain a “green” status.
unvaccinated tourists: Anyone who is not vaccinated must have a PCR test every 48 hours to stay ‘green’ on the Al Hosn app.
for children: Children under the age of 12 will automatically receive “Green Pass” status and do not need to be vaccinated or tested for PCR.