The UAE’s 51st National Day celebrations ended with a grand finale that unfolded at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre with the UAE leaders and royals in attendance.
The spectacular show, featuring more than 6,900 people from over 100 nationalities, was inspired by the country’s rich culture and its ambitious future.
It documented the contributions of pioneers in space, education, renewable energy, engineering and marine science with the aim to inspire the next generation and to instill a sense of national identity.
Breathtaking performances, unique technologies and exceptional storytelling, made it “the most significant ceremony post the COVID-19 pandemic”.
This year’s theme was inspired by Al Sadu, the traditional form of weaving, and also featured 11 new poems that paid ode to the UAE’s accomplishments.
The show’s music was a fusion of traditional Emirati songs and international music, with 1,000 students taking part in a special children’s parade.
It was live-streamed at more than 50 venues across the country, from 5:30 pm.
It will be open to the public from December 3 until December 11, with tickets available online.
More from Local News
- UAE unveils special AED 1,000 banknote for 51st National Day
The Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE) has released a special AED 1,000 note to mark the country’s 51st National Day.
- UAE sends aid to support hospitals in Gaza Strip
The UAE has sent a convoy of six trucks, loaded with 85 tonnes of medicines and medical supplies, to support hospitals in the Gaza Strip.
- Road closures in Abu Dhabi during National Day celebrations
Some roads in Abu Dhabi will be closed due to National Day celebrations.
- UAE President: Development, creativity will always remain top priority
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has said that the 51st UAE National Day is a day to look to the future with hope, optimism and confidence.
- UAE will continue to scale greater heights: H.H. Sheikh Mohammed
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has said that the UAE will continue to advance under the direction of President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- UAE President orders AED 3 billion Abu Dhabi housing package
UAE President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered the disbursement of AED 3 billion of housing benefits to citizens of the Emirate.
- UAE public school regulator issues clarification over viral video
An investigation has been launched after a video of a public school celebration of the UAE National Day was circulated “with a negative context”.
- UAE condemns terrorist attack on Afghan school
The UAE has strongly condemned a terrorist attack that targeted a school in the Afghan city of Aibek, leading to the death and injury of dozens of civilians.
- SEHA permanently closes some COVID-19 testing centres
The Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, SEHA, has permanently closed some its COVID-19 testing centres.
- UAE’s Rashid Rover launch delayed for a second time
The Emirates Lunar Mission has been postponed for a second time.
- UAE announces fuel price drop
Fuel prices in the UAE are set to drop for the month of December.
- Tremors felt in UAE following Iran earthquake
Slight tremors were felt in the UAE after a 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck southern Iran on Wednesday evening.
- UAE National Day will also mark World Futures Day
Coinciding with the UAE’s National Day, December 2 will be once again marked as World Futures Day.
- UAE’s Rashid Rover launch delayed
The UAE’s first mission to the Moon is now scheduled to launch on Thursday.
- Abu Dhabi, Sharjah announce free parking for UAE National Day holidays
Motorists will not have to pay for parking in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah on the occasion of the 51st UAE National Day.
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi among top 10 global destinations for expats to live
The two UAE cities claim top two spots in the Expat Essentials Index, with Dubai taking second place and Abu Dhabi at ninth.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed pardons 1,040 prisoners
As many as 1,040 prisoners in Dubai have been pardoned ahead of the UAE’s 51st National Day.
- Free parking in Dubai for 4 days
Parking will be free across most public spaces in Dubai during the holidays to mark Commemoration Day and UAE National Day.
- Over 30,000 frontline heroes awarded Golden Visas
More than 30,000 UAE Frontline Heroes have been awarded Golden Visas in recognition of their efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UAE President pardons 1,530 prisoners
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered the release of 1,530 prisoners, ahead of the UAE’s 51st National Day.