Abu Dhabi: Imad Eddin Khalil
The executive provisions of the Law on the Entry and Residence of Foreigners in the Emirates have specified the eligible categories granted by the Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Port Security, upon approval by the competent authorities, as a visa to enter in the country without work.
The executive orders, which take effect on October 3, provide that the Federal Agency for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Port Security can grant a foreigner a non-working residence entry visa that allows the holder to stay in the country for a period of 60 days from the date of entry to the completion of the necessary procedures Issuance of a residence permit for the following categories:
A student enrolled in universities, colleges, educational or research institutions licensed in the country.
– The foreigner who works remotely (virtual work) for an entity outside the country.
– The foreigner who owns real estate in the country.
– Family members of the foreigner residing in the country (husband and children), and this may include the foreigner’s parents if he is one of the recipients of the green residence.
Parents, children and spouses of a male or female citizen holding a foreign passport.
Wives and children of citizens of the Cooperation Council of the Arab States of the Gulf who hold foreign passports.
– A foreign woman whose citizen husband is dead or divorced from her, and she has one or more children from him
– Humanitarian cases regulated by a decision issued by the head of the Federal Authority for Identity, Nationality, Customs and Port Security.